RAPP AT HOME
MEMBERSHIP SERVICES COORDINATOR OPENING
Rapp at Home is a private, non -profit corporation that helps seniors (age 50+) maintain their independence and live safely in their own homes by providing them with needed services and/or referring them to other community organizations and businesses.
Volunteers provide many of the services and are “the arms” of the organization. The Membership Services Coordinator works with the Director and together they serve as a first point of contact for members seeking services and for individuals seeking to volunteer with the
organization. The primary role of the Membership Services Coordinator position is to perform all the tasks necessary to recruit, train, and schedule volunteers to meet the requested needs of the members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead person in organizing/operating the volunteer program.
- Sets up a volunteer recruiting plan including application, training, and supervision of the service delivery.
- Interviews prospective volunteers and assign them to specific tasks.
- Develops and updates volunteer training program/handbook
- Designs and completes reports/records and presents a summary of these at quarterly Board meetings.
- Keeps records of volunteer hours worked, trips made, mileage travelled, etc.
- Works collaboratively with the Director is plan/implement volunteer and other events/activities offered by the organization.
- Acts as a volunteer and provides “back-up” services delivery occasionally.
- Monitors and Updates website and listserv. Sends out member email ‘blast’ on events and organization activities.
- Plans and implements a yearly volunteer recognition event.
The Membership Services Coordinator will work directly with the organization’s Director. An ability to be a team member and work cooperatively with others is imperative. The Membership Services Coordinator will be professional and knowledgeable of the organization’s mission and operation.
The Membership Services Coordinator will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a service/education area and/or previous experience as a Volunteer Coordinator in a Service/Healthcare or Church sponsored organization. Networking experience in the local community is a plus. Being approachable flexible, friendly with good communication skills is important. Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft will be helpful.
Strong knowledge and history of involvement in organizations in Rappahannock County, Va a must!
Work Schedule: 20 hours a week