Building a Stronger, More Resilient Older Community in Rappahannock County.
Rapp at Home is an organization of seniors in Rappahannock County joining together to have fun, keep active, and help each other stay safe and comfortable in our own homes
Membership in Rapp at Home is open to people age 50 and over who live in Rappahannock County
and contiguous areas.
Annual membership fees are modest, and are reduced or free for
those with financial need.
During this time of uncertainty and anxiety, we at Rapp at Home offer our support and encouragement to our members and our community. We'll get through this!
Due to restrictions being advised by the Office of the Governor and the Federal Government, Rapp at Home is canceling or postponing its planned social activities for the present.
Because we believe in the importance of keeping mentally, physically and socially active, we are working to restructure some of our activities to be appropriate during this time of unfortunate 'social distancing,' and will provide further updates soon. Fun is important too!
We are continuing some of our services, such as grocery and prescription pick-up, but curtailing others such as transportation and home-based services, in order to fit recommendations of the CDC and the Office of the Governor.
Our Rapp at Home office remains open at this time to answer questions and assist members and others, although with limitations on visitors.
Please call or email us ahead of your visit to the office, or if you have questions, concerns or need assistance.
And last but not least, we are a village - this is what we do, help one another to live as safely and comfortably as possible in our own homes and community.
Thank you each for the kind, cheerful and thoughtful support you are giving to each other - it's inspiring, and makes stressful times a whole lot easier!
SOCIAL EVENTS THIS MONTH*
*RSVP to events by calling the Rapp at Home office at 540-937-HOME (4663) or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For dates and times for Rapp at Home Board of Director and committee meetings, CLICK HERE.
Most Rapp at Home Social Events are CANCELED or POSTPONED due to coronavirus precautions.
Look here for further updates or join us on Facebook
Life Stories Group, Tues., March 3, 2:00 p.m., RAH office (group temporarily full)
Chronic Disease Management Course, Wed., March 4, 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. RAH office
Shopping Trip to Culpeper - bring up to 3 friends! - we're going to Persimmon Consignment, CVS, Lidl and lunch! Wed, March 4, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. RSVP required.
Conversations on Aging, Thurs., March 5, 10:30 a.m.., RAH office
Presentation on the Rapp. County Park - Lots going on! Join this interesting talk on Thurs., March 5, 2:00 p.m. Rapp. County Park. RSVP.
Book Group: "The Body: A Guide for Occupants," by Bill Bryson, Tues., March10, 2:30 p.m. Rapp. Library
- Washington Fire Dept. Aux. Thrift Shop talk w/Shirley Franey - Thrifting is big business, and supports local causes, Wed., March 11, RAH Office, RSVP.
- Life Stories Group, Tues, March 17, 2:00 p.m., RAH office. (group temporarily full)
- St. Patrick's Day Party! We're having corned beef and cabbage, potatoes and more! Wear some green and bring your Irish brogue! There will be prizes awarded for the "greenest" outfits. Tues. March 17, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m., RAH office.RSVP.
- Death Cafe and Hospice Care, w/Mary Hughes - thinking and talking about hard subjects - before we need it. Wed., March 18, 10:30 a.m., RAH office. RSVP.
- Intro to Pickleball - fun and active paddleball game, Fri., March 20th [WEATHER PERMITTING], 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. or so, Rapp. County Park.
- "Saving Choctaw and Cherokee Horses - They Walked the Trail of Tears," presentation by Mary Carter McConnell of historic Millwood House in Woodville, Wed., March 25, 2:00 p.m. RAH office. RSVP.
- "Using Pharmacies to Stay Healthy," presentation by Ashley Updike, pharmacist, Mon., March 20, 10:30 a.m., RAH office. RSVP.
- "Cooking up a Storm! " - Expand your culinary reach with new recipes - and share your recipes too, Tues., March 31, 12:00 p.m., RAH office. RSVP.
Why Join Rapp at Home?
What Is a "Village?"
A senior village is neighbors working together to make things easier. Run primarily by its members and volunteers, sometimes with the help of a small paid staff, each village is unique to its own community.
Villages strive to link neighbors together to maintain their independence through staying active, and having access to necessary services. To learn more about senior villages, Click Here.
When you join Rapp at Home, you not only gain access to great activities and services, your membership fee helps Rapp at Home to continue to offer free or low-cost memberships to your neighbors with financial need.
However, membership fees cover only a portion of our expenses. If you would like to donate to Rapp at Home, please Click Here.
Rapp at Home appreciates the support of Rappahannock Radio! Rappahannock Radio seeks to provide community connectivity and opportunity within and around Rappahannock County, offering a forum for all ages to share their perspectives. It is helping to spread the news about Rapp at Home. Go to:https://www.rappahannockradio.com.
Rapp at Home is a member-run, not-for profit organization supported through membership fees and private donations. It is not a social services agency nor affiliated with any government organization.